NAMI of DuPage County, IL
- Community, NFP and Service Organizations
The NAMI DuPage Misson:
''Our mission is to provide support, advocacy and education in order to improve the quality of life of individuals with mental illness and their families.''
Who We Are:
NAMI DuPage is a grass roots organization, funded primarily by individual donations and supported by volunteers with first-hand experience as caregivers and as individuals with mental illnesses.
As an affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness, a nationwide mental health advocacy organization dedicated to improving the quality of lives of people affected by mental illnesses. One of the largest and most innovative of 1,200 in the country and 41 in Illinois, our affiliate provides services and programs that offer relief, resources and importantly - hope for recovery - to individuals and families alike.
NAMI DuPage was founded by a group of parents in 1985 who were looking for services for their children who had been diagnosed with mental illnesses. By joining forces, they thought they could advocate for improved services. NAMI DuPage has grown from this small handful of people to an organization of over 1,000 members. NAMI has been a catalyst for change and reform in DuPage County.
- Support Groups (Free Weekly Groups for Individuals and Caregivers/Family/Friends)
- Family-to-Family (Free 12 Week Educational Course for Caregivers and Family Members)
- NAMI Basics (Free 6 Week Educational Course for Parents of Adolescents)
- Ending the Silence (Program for teens and adolescence to learn about mental illnesses and ways get help)
- Request a NAMI Presentation
Whom to Contact
- Angela AdkinsExecutive DirectorPhone: (630) 752-0066Fax: (630) 752-1064
- Aileen CaravelliSchool Outreach Director
- Erica SokolProgram DirectorPhone: (630) 752-0066 x228Fax: (630) 752-1064
- Mark SukisVolunteer CoordinatorPhone: (630) 752-0066 x217Fax: (630) 752-1064
Front door will have a "900" above it.
ELITE SPONSORS - NEW option for 2017 Taste of Wheaton!
8 SUPER Premium Booths available in the very best high traffic areas of the park. You will have business EXCLUSIVITY in this area!
Tent, table and chairs are included.